Richmond Home

Accessing and Managing Student Records

Advisors can access current information about students through BannerWeb. The primary areas of use to advisors are the Advisor Menu (Faculty Services -- Advisor Menu), the Student Menu (Faculty Services -- Student Menu) and GradTracker (Faculty Services -- GradTracker Login). Effective fall, 2013 information about students submitted prior to matriculation (the Common Application, Richmond supplement, and any transcripts) is also available through BannerWeb via the OnBase system. Instructions for using these programs are hyperlinked through the gray boxes on the right side of this website.

Paper Advising Files - Available for Students Admitted Prior to Fall, 2013

Student advising files contain information that serves as a resource to the academic advisor. These files may include the student's application for admission, high school transcript (or college transcript for transfer students), advisor information form, and an unsigned FERPA card. Once the FERPA card has been reviewed and signed, it should immediately be forwarded to the Registrar’s Office.

Returning an Undeclared Advisee's File to AARC

Advisors should return the file upon request by Academic Advising when:

  • Notified by AARC that your undeclared advisee has withdrawn from the University (If the student has declared a major, file may be retained by the Academic Department, as its policy dictates.)
  • Advisee has declared a major
  • Advisor's employment status changes due to attrition, sabbatical, or leave of absence

Department Requests for Major Advisor Reassignment

Initial assignment of a student's major advisor is made by the department chair upon major declaration.

All subsequent reassignments of major advisees can be requested by using the advisor change form. Your request will be processed by AARC within one to two days.